A reliable auto repair shop is one of the most important things to find when you move to a new area. If you don’t know that much about cars or auto repairs, it can also be one of the most daunting. You think you have found a reliable auto repair shop, but how can you be sure it is a good fit for you and your vehicle?
- Find an auto repair shop before you need major services. Give the shop a try with something simple like an oil change.
- Check the certifications and credentials of the technicians who are going to work on your car.
- Get references. It is a good idea to ask friends and family members, especially those who have a vehicle similar to yours.
- Use the internet. Check the Better Business Bureau and other online search tools. Read online reviews and check social media pages.
- Evaluate how you feel when you are in the shop. Is it clean? Is it organized? Is there a comfortable place for you to wait while work is being done and a clean bathroom to use?
- Do you understand how you will be charged for the work? Are the rates posted? You should always understand and approve any work to be done.
- Check pricing in the area by calling several other shops. If you get a better price from another auto repair shop, ask for price matching.
- Does the shop focus on the brand of vehicle you drive? Do they offer warranties on their work?
- Does the location of the shop and the hours serve your needs?
If you are looking for a reliable and honest auto repair shop in the Lakeland, Florida area, visit us at Joyce Automotive. You won’t be disappointed!