Looking for new auto repair services can be stressful for anyone. Take some of the guesswork out by asking yourself some questions as you visit a new auto repair shop for the first time. Don’t be afraid to walk away from a situation you don’t feel good about. After all, it is your car and your money on the line. This is why it is a good idea to find car technicians you feel good about before you need major work done to your car. Start small with a simple tire rotation or oil change. Then evaluate your experience and decide if it is a place you would return to again.
So what should you ask while you search for quality and reliable auto repair services?
- Don’t be afraid to ask for credentials. A certified technician will happily share these with you.
- Ask if the shop is certified or is a member of a professional organization or network.
- Look around to see if the labor rates are posted. If not, ask to see the labor rates.
- Once you are given a price, call a couple of other auto repair services to check pricing. If you are given a lower price, don’t be afraid to ask for price matching.
- Ask for references. If you are new in town, ask friends, family or coworkers for a local recommendation.
- Ask yourself how you feel in the business. Is it organized and clean (at least for an auto repair shop)? Do you feel comfortable being there? Is there a clean bathroom for you to use while you wait?
At Joyce Automotive, we invite you to ask us these questions and any others you may have. We are confident we are always a wise choice for your auto repair needs!