Whether you just got your license or have been driving for years now, sometimes it can be helpful to have a refresher course in auto maintenance! A regularly maintained car is one that will run more efficiently and for longer. Furthermore, regular maintenance can lessen the need for costly emergency repairs, especially over the lifetime of your vehicle. Auto maintenance really shouldn’t be skipped, especially these crucial auto maintenance steps.
- Oil Changes– Oil changes are one of the most important auto maintenance steps on any type, make or model of vehicle. Without proper cleaning and lubrication from regular oil changes, your engine will degrade and have problems that are easily preventable.
- Wiper Blades– Changing your wiper blades isn’t just a good idea, it’s critical for safety! When the blades start to smear rain or snowfall, you need new wiper blades.
- Brake Pads- Changing your brake pads on a regular basis could save your life or someone else’s. Cars that have worn brake pads take longer to stop, leaving you open to possible accidents.
- Tire Pressure– Keeping your tires at the right tire pressure on all four tires ensures that your tires will grip the road better. It can also affect your car’s alignment.
- Air Filter– Air filters are easy to change and relatively inexpensive. They allow your engine and your interior airflow to be cleaner and more efficient.
- Battery Charge– Batteries don’t last forever, usually around 3-5 years. Double-checking a battery charge can help ensure you aren’t stranded with a dead battery!
At Joyce Automotive, we recommend regular auto maintenance steps just like these for our customers. For questions, come see us today!