Authorized Impound Service
Joyce Automotive and Towing offers authorized impound services to Lakeland, Florida, as well as Plant City, Auburndale, and the surrounding area. Vehicles that have been abandoned or violated any legal or private parking policy may be towed and impounded.
Common violations can include, but are not limited to:
At Joyce Automotive and Towing, we take pride in providing efficient and professional impound services. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns.
Recovering Your Vehicle
If you suspect that your vehicle has been impounded by Joyce Automotive and Towing, please review the following information and contact us to verify that we have your vehicle. Once we have confirmed that we have your vehicle, we can make arrangements for you to pick it up or tow it to another location.
Before attempting to recover your vehicle, there are a few things you need to know:
- Be sure to have your vehicle’s make, model, year, and license plate number handy. Additionally, and for security reasons, you may need to provide us with information regarding the location from which your vehicle was likely towed.
- Call Joyce Automotive and Towing at 863-688-0646 to verify:
• We have your vehicle.
• There are no law enforcement holds on your vehicle that would prevent its release or prevent you from accessing it.
• The amount owed to release the vehicle.
- We require proof of identity and ownership before we can release a vehicle. To recover your vehicle, you will need to provide a valid photo ID (such as a driver’s license, government-issued photo ID card, passport, or military ID) as well as current vehicle registration or vehicle title. If the vehicle registration is stored in the vehicle, you will be escorted to the vehicle to retrieve it and present it as proof of ownership. If you intend to pick up an impounded vehicle on behalf of the owner, you must have a notarized authorization letter designating you as the registered owner’s authorized agent.
- Please note that any inconsistencies relating to your personal identification or to the vehicle’s documentation will prevent the release of the vehicle.
- All fees must be paid in full before we can release your vehicle. Fees are regulated by the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles.
- If you need to retrieve personal property from your vehicle, you must provide proof of ownership. In addition, an escort from Joyce Automotive and Towing will accompany you to the impound yard. Personal property does not include any item attached to the vehicle, such as tires, rims, spares, stereos, racks, etc. Any personal items or property left in an impounded vehicle will be disposed of two days prior to its scheduled auction date.
- The vehicle’s registered owner must provide authorization before we can release any vehicle to an insurance carrier or body shop. After proof of ownership and release authorization has been received, your insurance carrier or body shop may arrange to have your vehicle removed from the impound yard.