Joyce Automotive & Towing offers authorized impound towing services in Lakeland, Florida, as well as Plant City, Auburndale, and the surrounding area. You might find your vehicle towed if it was abandoned or if it was illegally parked on private property.
Common reasons automobiles wind up in our vehicle impound lot include:
At Joyce Automotive & Towing, we take pride in providing efficient and professional impound services. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns.
Recovering your towed vehicle
If you suspect that our towing company has impounded your vehicle, please review the following information and contact us to verify that we have your vehicle.
Once we have confirmed that we have your automobile, we can arrange for you to pick it up from our impound lot or tow it to another location.
Before you can recover a car from our tow yard, here are some steps you need to take:
- Be sure to have your vehicle’s make, model, year, and license plate number handy. You might also need to provide your vehicle identification number (VIN). You must show proof of your rental agreement if it’s a rental vehicle. Additionally, you may need to provide us with information regarding where your vehicle was likely towed. This is for security purposes.
- Call us at 863-688-0646 to verify we have your car or truck. Also, we must confirm that no law enforcement holds on your vehicle would prevent its release or prevent you from accessing it. At this time, we’ll also tell you the impound fees you must pay.
- Impounded vehicles can only be released with proper ownership documentation and identification. To recover your vehicle, you must provide a valid photo ID (such as a driver’s license, government-issued photo ID card, passport, or military ID) and current vehicle registration or vehicle title. If the vehicle registration is stored in the vehicle, you will be escorted to the vehicle to retrieve it and present it to prove you’re the registered owner. If you intend to pick up an impounded vehicle on behalf of the owner, you must have a notarized statement designating you as the registered owner’s authorized agent. If you aren’t authorized to recover the automobile, we can’t release it.
- Please note that any inconsistencies relating to your personal identification or to the vehicle’s documentation will prevent the release of the vehicle.
- All fees must be paid in full before we can release your vehicle. Fees are regulated by the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles.
- You must provide proof of ownership if you need to retrieve personal property from your vehicle. In addition, an escort from Joyce Automotive & Towing will accompany you to the impound yard. However, personal property does not include any item attached to the vehicle, such as tires, rims, spares, stereos, racks, etc. If necessary, any personal items or property left in an impounded vehicle will be disposed of two days before its scheduled auction date.
- Furthermore, the registered vehicle owner must provide authorization before we can release any vehicle to an insurance carrier or body shop. After receiving the required documentation, your insurance carrier or body shop may arrange to remove your vehicle from the impound yard.